Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A New Baby

What?? It's not what you think....Joe went out of town for a few days on business, and while he was gone, the girls and I adopted a new sister.... We did let him in on it before we finalized the deal, and he took it well. In fact, I think he's coming home tonight! The puppy is 7 weeks old and is an Australian Shepherd. That's what the owner told me anyway. According to the vet, she's got a Bermese gene in there somewhere. The 40 lb dog I thought I was getting is now a 60-80lb dog... but it's all good, right? She's very laid back and likes to cuddle. Hates her crate at night. We left the naming up to Ali. What were we thinking?? "Puppy Doggy" (Mia's first choice for a name) wore several monikers before we found something suitable. "Daisy" was Ali's first suggestion, followed 10 minutes later by "Minnie Mouse". Then she was "Ariel" for half a day followed by "Sleeping Beauty" because she sleeps a lot. Then she was "Lazy" because it rhymes with "Daisy" and then she was Kasey because Ali likes that name, followed by "Cheese" because, well, Mia likes cheese. Finally Ali suggested "Cali" because it rhymes with "Ali" and I clung to it hard because it's the most normal pet name she's come up with so far. So "Cali" it is.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Had you been planning to get a dog? She's going to be huge! Look at those paws. I bet the girls are all over her. My sister had a dog named Callie. We need to get together soon!