Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Makin' Room

Here is Baby's room. I love it.
It's pretty simple and it still needs a few things, but that will come.

My "quiet place". I love my chaise lounger. Makes getting up multiple times a night not so bad - when you have a nice place to relax. The wall colors were inspired by a gallon of "oops" paint my mother-in-law and I found at Home Depot. Very soothing and neutral.

This is my attempt at a wall collage of framed stuff and other stuff.

We have a couple black and white photos I took of the big sisters, a poem my Grandma wrote for Ali when she was baptised and a baptismal hankie/bonnet, a lady bug I found on clearance and a lady bug drawing entitled, "When I grow up, I want to be a lady like you." that I proudly found on Etsy. We finally found a crib! The bumper, quilt and window valance all came from a consignment shop and the dust ruffle and lady bug sheet I happened to stumble across at different times. It came together nicely!! Above the crib, my wonderful mother-in-law wrote a line from my Grandma's poem - "May you always walk with God". It's hard to read in the photo.

I still need to figure out what will go above the changing table.

These little lady bugs are the big sister's red thumb prints. My mother-in-law again. I got so lucky - blessed with 2 sets of great in-laws!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her room looks great! Hang in there, at least you know now that the end is really in sight.

Jen said...

So cute! Come out sweet baby!!