Monday, June 8, 2009

Ten Years?

It has been ten years since I graduated high school. Seems like it's been much longer. Ten years ago I was running around with my girlfriends looking for a party and had no clue I'd be half of this...

Or spend my evenings being entertained by these....


(Hang in there Daddy and Grandpas... I have a feeling it's going to get worse before it gets better.)

Perhaps it's because my high school reunion is this year or perhaps it's because I've just been a bit reflective about life... but I'm suddenly remembering friends I've lost touch with and feeling motivated to reconnect. (I discovered Facebook which makes all this a little too easy.) It can be scary to put yourself out there - you run the risk of embarassment when your "friend" responds to your inquiries with "Umm.. who did you say you were? and how did we know each other?" In any case, I've gone for it a couple times and had great satisfaction in catching up with friends from decades ago.

I'm so very happy to say that although the road hasn't always been easy (like not even paved. not even a gravel path. a couple times it's been like wagon ruts through over-grown grass!) I'm truly content. I'm healthy. I'm busy. I'm loved and I have lots of little people to love. What more could I ask for??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's been really nice getting back in touch with you through the blogs and email! I can't believe it's been 10 years either.

Shanita said...

AWWW. Nice post. I'll have to find you on facebook!

Wendy said...

Yes, I'm glad I have boys!! I was just thinking of you the other night at work...remembering how well we worked together and shared good times taking care of the little people! Ahh...