Monday, December 21, 2009

Dear Santa Part II,

I really didn't think we'd see you up close and personal this year. I really didn't!  But there you were - on your sleigh, laid back, chatting with the elves.  We had just arrived at the strip mall, the Cuties were rested and fresh, there was no line... it was as if you knew we were coming! 

It was really nice to have a few minutes to put some of our concerns to rest.  We didn't know your suit was flame retardent!  Of course, a man of your profession would surely think of that!  And chocolate chip cookies?!  That's so simple! 

I did forget one thing... Santa, please would you send a special gift this year to our mail carrier?  Mail carriers are often overlooked, I think, and our particular mail carrier must be a very special lady.  She intercepted a letter, written by a darling 6 year old girl and addressed simply to "Santa Claus.  North Pole."  with no postage or return address and not only did she hand deliver it to you, she also saw your response back to our mailbox.  She deserves a special gift indeed. 

Fondly and with great appreciation for your unscaryness this year,
The Momma



3 comments:

Jen said...

Santa looks good...really refreshed. And those cuties don't look too bad either!

Shanita said...

Awww, what a nice mail lady! She does deserve a gift. The cuties are so cute on Santa's lap!

Denise said...

I love everything about these posts! Great picture of the girls with Santa!