Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Will Win You Over!

Hello Family and Friends!

Guess what?!  I am a huge supporter of the midwifery model of care!  Surprise!!

Okay, all kidding aside, I just wanted to share my belief that childbirth is a normal, healthy part of the lifecycle and not an illness that is complicated until proven otherwise!

April is Cessarean Awareness month and I want to encourage all my friends of childbearing age (and beyond) to seek out current information and make informed decsions regarding your health! Gone is the era of "Doctor Knows Best"!  I'm not saying you should totally disregard what your doctor tells you, but you shouldn't be afraid to ask "why?" or say "I don't agree and I'd like a second opinion".  Don't take a backseat when it comes to your health and your childrens' health.  Be proactive.

 Knowlege is power! Don't be afraid to go against the norm!!  Listen to your instincts!!!

And that is enough of my feminist ranting encouragement for today. 

And by the way, I am officially marketing myself as a doula.  Spread the word. 

Love,
Your endearing and passionate student midwife friend,
Katie

3 comments:

Denise said...

Katie,

I agree with you 100%!!! Shout if from the roof-tops!
Denise

Katie said...

I was nervous about this post - I love you Denise! Thanks!

Wendy said...

I wish you could've been my doula! Seriously? There is a C/S awareness month? That's awesome.