Traveled to Washington state with Mom to visit Grandmas.
Highlights: GiGi Mommy sassed me. Big time. Nana took us to a birthday party in the Activity Room. Made lasagna for Auntie and cousins. Drank some wine.
January 28 - 29th
Home just in time to catch a nap, take an exam and go to work.
January 30th
Joe packs up and heads to Omaha for a few days of meetings. The girls and I pick up "Miss. Ginger Whiskers" from my friend Ronda for a week of "cat sitting". If the "sitting" goes well, Miss. Ginger becomes a birthday present for Mia.
January 31st
Natalie wakes up with a headache and a fever. Stays home from school.
February 1st
February 2nd
Eva throws up on me three times within 30 minutes of waking. School cancelled again due to inches of ice covering every outdoor surface. Spend the day taking warm baths, watching movies in front of the fireplace, taking naps and "hugging" Eva. Driving anywhere is basically impossible. Attempt to clean myself up in the afternoon because Joe is returning home. He arrives after 10 pm. I put on pajamas....
February 3rd
Still frozen outside. No school. Natalie and Eva have high temps and no appetite. Joe drives us all to the doctors office on roads of solid ice. I realize as I am sitting in the exam room that I am wearing jeans that have already been thrown up on and my sweatshirt is covered in snot. After a throat culture, Eva throws up all over exam room. Both girls have strep. Finish the evening with a cup of hot tea and being thrown up on. Again.
How's your week been going?
3 comments:
Haha, I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh. What a terrible time for your kiddos to get sick! I had to brave the ice on Wednesday and take my two neices to the doctor. Fun Mommy times!
Oh, Katie! I hope the girls are better soon!
Oh my! I think we all need spring to hit ASAP!
Post a Comment