Thursday, September 8, 2011

Where Did All The Hair Ties Go?

It seems that I buy those thick elastic hair rubber bands every time I go to Target and yet, 
we still struggle to find enough of them to contain our ponytails every morning. 
 What is up with that?  
This afternoon the mystery was solved.  It's sort of a long story... 

Exhibit A.  
Athletic big sister requires 1 -2 hair ties for soccer and swimming lessons.
Ponytails independently.
Claims she wants to let hair grow 2 feet.

Exhibit B.
 Spirited baby sister.
Not enough hair for a ponytail, although Mom tries frequently.
Continuously flaps arms and exclaims "I fly!  I fly!"
Alternately claims to be a princess or a butterfly.
Occasionally identifies as "Superbunny."

Exhibit C.
Imaginative medium sister.
Previously obsessed with cheetahs and all things feline.
Now associates with her cold-blooded amphibian side.
Spends excessive time in the bathtub.
Hair is usually too wet to be ponytailed. 

Exhibit D.
Devin.
No, the frog is Devin.  She's not real.
She is more frequently lost than found.  
It was during one of her lost episodes that the mystery was solved.

Exhibit E.
Mischievous Mouder-Tat.
Way too affectionate and curious. 
No manners.
Has deep undying love for... hair ties.
When the most recent quest for Devin resulted in the rearrangement of furniture
20 elastic hair ties were discovered beneath the couch.  Along with 5 pens.
Apparently Mouder likes those too.
And the mystery is solved!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Where have I been? How long have you had a cat??

MBGlobal82 said...

My cat does that too!!!! No matter how well I think I've "put them away"...I'll just come home to a spilled makeup bag or pried open drawer.