I was going through the bedtime routine, trying to keep my cool through multiple requests for water, hugs, kisses, books, daddy... All while aching to sit on the sofa with the daddy and watch Snow White and the Huntsman. Mommy time, you know?
Then Eva asks (in the sweetest little voice) "Mommy, can you find my Barbie? I really miss her. I want to snuggle with her.". Seriously? Second time tucking her in and she now wants me to go find one particular Barbie from amongst the 50 that we probably have?!
"Evie, mommy cant go looking for your Barbie right now. It's bedtime and I don't even know what she looks like or where she is."
"She has pink, and long hair and a very pretty smile. Please Mommy?"
A very pretty smile is what did me in. The movie, mommy time, and daddy waited while I tracked down the Barbie fitting this vague description and tucked her in with Eva (for the third time).
Does every mom have this weakness for adorable requests from precocious preschoolers?
No comments:
Post a Comment