Saturday, June 8, 2013

Impressions

I interrupt the series of Emigration Updates to share my recent (last night) first meeting with the Andaluz Midwives while it is still fresh in my head.  

Downtown Portland is stressful and confusing.  Pedestrians and bicyclers everywhere.  Tents on the sidewalk.  Mass chaos.  I waited politely for the person in front of me to parallel park and the car behind me darted around me and cut me off.  I stepped out of the parking garage and have never felt more out of place in my cute skirt and cardigan sweater with matching ballet flats.  

Tents.  On the sidewalk.  Downtown.  They are camping.  Seriously.

I was meeting the midwives at a Lebanese restaurant.  It all made me feel out of place and off balance!   But the midwives were friendly and kind and I learned that on Monday I will be seeing clients.  Oh!  I'm overwhelmed and nervous at the moment but I know this is where I'm supposed to be and it's all going to be fine.  

I'll let you know how Monday goes.  

No comments: