Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Visitor!

Our good friend (and Joe's frat bro from back in the day) Jeromy came to spend the weekend with us. When I pointed him out in a picture to Ali before he arrived, she wanted to know if he was bringing his kids. I explained that Jeromy doesn't have any kids. She wanted to know why - I said that was a good question, go ahead and ask him when he visits. She warmed up to him right away despite his lack of children. She spent an entire morning cutting out crowns with him. Mia took him for a ride on her tricycle. It was pretty cute to see them all bonding so well. We had adult time also - went to dinner and had some (too many) margaritas.




Of course, we took our visitor to a riveting Little Dora's game. Jeromy played soccer with Joe in college. And he brought Ali some great soccer gear! And Baby Gap for Mia!





Here's the thing.. if you knew Joe and Jeromy like I knew Joe and Jeromy about 6 years ago - you would have a hard time picturing them at a table with two preschoolers cutting out crowns and tiaras. And yet, I'd like to say that I had the insight to see past the fraternity... =) Anyway it was a nice visit, and while we don't know what's taking him so long, we're sure Jeromy will be a good catch for somebody. Happy fishing, friend!

Joe's friend Tom is next to visit. Stay tuned for that report!!

1 comment:

Jami said...

I'm not quite sure I agree that one couldn't picture Jeromy and Joe cutting out crowns six or so years ago....I seem to remember the two of them partaking in some relatively childish games even then!
Glad you had a good visit, and it's also nice to know Jeromy's still alive and well!