Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Another Student




Mia has been asking to go to preschool for some time now. With my own recent endeavors, it seemed like a good time to start...



We found a great Christian preschool a couple blocks from our home and Mia has taken to it so smoothly- it's amazing. On the first day, she began chatting with her teacher about her earrings from Daddy, the lunch she helped pack, the baby doll she brought along... when I finally interrupted her to say goodbye, she gave me a quick kiss and said, "See ya later Mom." I was so relieved that there were no tears, but...



Aww, well... she may not have said it (or acted like it in any way) but I know she was thinking, "I will do great Mom and it's all because you've done such a fabulous job raising a confident and secure toddler. I may have fun today, I may say smart and funny things that only my teachers will hear, but my heart will be with you at home. I will miss you terribly today."



Okay, I may have gotten carried away...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay for Mia!