One of our favorite breakfasts is Cream of Wheat with milk and brown sugar. Lots of iron. Yum. 
I may have mentioned before that I have issues with cold cereal (thanks to my dear mother), so we start most of our mornings with a hot breakfast. Toast and sugar-free canned peaches. Yogurt and half a bagel. Unfrosted strawberry pop-tart and a banana. And of course - Mia's favorite - Eatmeal (Oatmeal). 
Here's a fun lunch. Monkey Sandwiches. Whole wheat hot dog bun spread with peanut butter and a banana.
I like those 100 calorie snack packs. They're quick to throw in the purse when on-the-go. They're the perfect size and the girls are happy because they get cookies. Other snacks we like are apple slices with peanut butter dip, mozzarella cheese sticks and graham crackers with milk.
We try to keep it interesting at dinner time. I have a great quick home-made lasagna recipe that we love. Lately we've enjoyed Yoshida-marinated chicken breast and rice, and Hashbrown Hot Dish ("hot dish" is what you call a "cassarole" if you're from up-north.)
We know we're saving money by eating at home and we enjoy knowing what's in our dinner! If you're interested in a recipe exchange, let me know! We're always looking for new ideas!
This post is dedicated to Miss. Shanita who fed her baby too much take-out and then wrote a really funny post about his throw-up. I hope this was helpful.

3 comments:
all great ideas! thanks! I'd always be interested in a recipe exchange. I'm looking for new things all the time.
thanks for the ideas....I really need to improve in this area. It's easier said than done, but I'm gonna make it a priority
I have some good recipe ideas for you. Eggs and ham in a tortilla. Peanut butter and jelly in a tortilla, and finally pot roast and potatoes....in a tortilla. Just roll 'er up and enjoy! Recipes courtesy of Matt Cruz. :)
Post a Comment