"What do you even DO when we go to bed, Mom??"
I didn't answer. I think I stared at her with my mouth hanging slightly open. I didn't know where to start....
I write blogs. Snuggle baby sister. Read my book. Take a bath. Fold laundry. Stare at Daddy in the QUIET. Make a cup of tea. Paint my toenails. Watch TV shows not appropriate for 5 year olds. Have uninterupted conversations with Daddy. Hang out with Auntie Leslie and practice balancing things on our big toes...

Auntie's getting pretty good at it. I clean up messes. I write research papers and study for exams. I gather backpacks and nap mats for school the next day. I write grocery lists and sometimes even do the grocery shopping!
What do I DO?
"Well Ali, I basically sit around and think of ways to entertain myself until I can fall asleep."
2 comments:
how funny that she asked! I think Cora is starting to wonder about similar things. Right now she just wants to make sure I'm going to stay home after she goes to bed though. Kids are so funny.
Your night time activities look like fun!
Amen sister!
Post a Comment