Where we arrived a few minutes before the tardy bell having NO IDEA what to do next.. We didn't know where first grade was. We didn't know the name of Ali's teacher. We didn't know where all the other kids had gotten those cute name tags. We didn't know where to drop her off, where to pick her up, or where to find her pre-purchased school supplies. So - feeling like the stellar parents we are, we wandered around until some sympathizing teacher pointed us in the direction of first grade. We arrived in time to find "Natalie's" desk, meet her teacher and make a lovely first impression. Right... (said with ample amounts of sarcasm)
It seems that minutes later I was back in the crazy line of aggressive mothers trying to locate my new big first grader. After 20 minutes of waiting, Ali bounced into the car singing the praises of Mrs. Srajer and flashing new sign language signs. "How was your first day?!!"
"It was good, but Mrs. Srajer says, "Please ask your Mom to pack you a bigger lunch." because I was still hungry.... (accusing glare in my direction) and to "please wear tennis shoes" because I couldn't even play at recess Mom."
I almost choked on my gum.
5 comments:
hopefully today will go a little more smoothly! How fun that she is in 1st grade though!
Was there no orientation or some type of letter to tell you what to do? What were you doing working 3 nights...extra shift? I can't believe she is in first grade! I hope you went to the store last night. :-)
For the record.. There WAS a "meet the teacher night" that Joe and I missed. They do not send anything in the mail.. you're just supposed to know!
Oh dear! here's to hoping the rest of year goes better. There is something to be said for starting off on the wrong foot - it can only get better!
Awww Katie, so what if you were a little disoriented, probably should have chosen tennis shoes instead church shoes, and you didn't hit a homerun in the lunch department.....You are stil a stellar mom in my book!
Post a Comment