Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dozens of Cousins

This morning James came over to play.  Not because his Mommy was busy or because he needed a babysitter - just because he woke up in the morning and said, "Hmm... I go Misha's house?!"  ("Misha" is a family pet name primarily used by James for Mia).  I love that.  I love that my sister and I have been fortunate enough to raise our children together thus far.  I love that at preschool, James and Mia squabble like siblings.  I love that Ali will ask for "alone time" with Auntie.  And I love that occasionally all the kids can descend upon Grandma and Pop-Pop for an evening...

I am still close to my cousins.  Life has taken us many different directions, but I still feel connected.  Joe has similar connections to a fabulous extended family.  Care to reminisce? 





Our cousins have become confidantes, role models, Godparents and friends.  I pray my girls have similar relationships with their family as adults.

The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. ~Thomas Jefferson

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet post!

Jen said...

I love these pictures!!

Jami said...

what a nice post! I've never seen pictures of little Katie and Leslie before! You're so lucky to be so close with your family and your cousins! LOVE the Jefferson quote.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.