Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Frightfully Good Time

Halloween has become more of a week-long scare-fest full of opportunities to dress up and eat junk.  
Have you noticed?
 I'm not complaining.  I love planning Halloween costumes with the girls and decorating the house and yard!  I love making Halloween treats at home and sending the girls to school all dressed up.  It's great!  And this year was exceptional because I managed to get the night off of work. 



But nothing ever goes as planned.

Our Pumpkin required an unecessarily long visit to Urgent Care to receive a prescription for Tamiflu.


Which means our Trick or Treaters were delayed in their eagerly anticipated "running amuck" through the neighborhood.  They were none too happy about it, either. 



Some tasty treats at Grandma's made the wait a little more bearable.




Finally, a tired, soggy, medicated Pumpkin and an over-stimulated, drowsy Spider were put to bed and 2 nurses and 1 dragon dinosaur roamed the neighborhood for treats. 
Fortunately, we didn't encounter any zombies or goblins.  Or screaming teenagers out for a thrill. 
That would have spelled disaster for the dragon dinosaur.


However, I would have given all the Snickers in Ali's treat bag to ring the doorbell at Nana's. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your Nana?

Loving the costumes & I'm glad to hear everyone is starting to feel better! What an exciting Halloween though!

Denise said...

Wow! I love the pics! Hope your pumpkin is feeling much better and no one else comes down with it!

Shanita said...

Awww Hope the munchkin feels better soon!

Jen said...

Off work?!!! Yea! Tamiflu? Boo. And Nana= so cute!!