A small iPhone was the victim of an accidental drowning late last night. Officials say the victim's mother was startled by a carbon monoxide alarm while in the bath. Thinking she was about to black out from carbon monoxide poisoning, she jumped up, grabbed a towel and knocked the small electronic device into the bath tub. The attractive mother of three and a half performed aggressive CPR for upwards of fifteen minutes before placing the device on electonic life-support."She killed her Christmas present"
remarked one unsympathetic bystander early this morning when the small iPhone was pronounced dead after nearly twelve hours of increasing distress.
The device is survived by her brother, Samsung Impression, three older sisters, mother and father.
When asked for a statement, the iPhone's father simply said that the decision not to purchase insurance for this particular device is one that will weigh heavily on his conscience for years to come. Incidentally, the carbon monoxide alarm was due to low battery and not due to poisonous gas.
R.I.P
Katie's iPhone
12/18/2009 - 12/24/2009
9 comments:
Oh, Katie...I'm so sorry! My heart is hurting for your hubby's pocket book :-) Merry Christmas to you all.
Oh no! Are you able to get another then? This is such a sad Christmas story.
How did the girlies do?
OH NO! You two had barely gotten to know one another. My heart is breaking for you. Please tell me your hubby will let you have another?!
Seriously, you should be a writer! You made a simple story so captivating! Sorry for your loss...and Joe's. :-(
Maybe I read this wrong, but mother of 3 1/2?? Are you telling me something?
Greta! My phone was my half-child! Maybe I should reword that...
NO! How devastating! These poor phones, they are prone to accidental drownings as I seem to recall this may not be the first time....
However, I am very sorry for your loss
Katie, I am so, so sorry! It's a worth a phone call directly to Apple, though. You never know, they might take pity. I have heard of them doing pretty good things with customers in the past. Just a thought.
I have an award for you! Come get it when you get a chance! :)
Post a Comment