Thursday, January 14, 2010

Being 6

Being 6 years old is tough, let me tell you... I hear about it on a daily basis. Nagging moms, bratty little sisters, pesky 1st grade boys, and spelling tests. Yesterday was particularly trying as Ali's teacher informed me after school. It seems my child is quite sensitive with a flair for the dramatic. My child? Sensitive and dramatic? Can you imagine?
To help us develope a "thick skin", the Cuties and I practiced insulting each other so we could then take turns dealing with the comments maturely and rationally. Without crying. A bit unconventional? Perhaps, but it worked. Today was a much better day at elementary school and we learned valuable lessons about the "golden rule".
I am so lucky to have such a sweet and responsible oldest daughter! I found these photos taken by Ali this evening and they made me laugh...


















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling our oldest will be very similar. She's very, very sensitive. I'm glad you found a way to make it work though!

CalgaryDaddy said...

Great Pictures! Made me smile.

Shane

Wendy said...

I love the last picture of her. I get a good laugh when I find pictures that Ethan has taken of himself. I don't want him to go to kindergarden in the fall. :-(