Monday, February 27, 2012

sugar and spice until..

You try to shoot on her goal.  









It always amazes me to watch my girls play soccer.
They become these foreign, competitive, rough tomboys.
Mini athletes with little french braids flying as they enter a dog-fight and emerge with the ball.
Little girls unfazed by the fact that most of the opposing team is nearly a foot taller and 50 lbs heavier.
They become strong and brave and confident.

It breaks my heart to see my baby take a hard ball to the belly
 and double over as the wind is knocked from her lungs,
 but then my heart swells with pride as her teammates
 get up off their knees and clap and cheer her on as she juts her chin out and shakes it off.
I see the determination and perseverance this sport is bringing out in her character.
And I see how much she loves it.

 I will be on the sidelines cheering my girls on -
proudly being their Soccer Mom
for as long as they love playing.


No comments: