1). Texas grass in March is full of treacherous land mines just waiting to swallow a toddler into a muddy pit and ruin her tutu.
2). Muddy, wet tutus make sliding down the slide a painfully difficult affair. I think the top layer of Mooseys backside is still on the slide.
3). Cartwheels and sidewalk don't mix.
4). Cartwheels and wood chips don't mix.
5). The fireman pole is best left to firemen. And big kids.
6). Put your phone down and play with your kids.
7). Put your phone down and say hello to the other mom.
I did #7 (and #6!) and made a new friend from South Korea. She moved into a house down the street 2 weeks ago with her 2 little boys and her American husband. She has suddenly found herself in a strange country, in a big house, far, far away from her mom and her sister and all her friends. This, I believe, is Gods way of reminding me not to take familiar things and people I love and see everyday for granted. And to put away distractions and try to do the thing you are doing really well, instead of trying to do 6 things half- tushed.
I'm glad I smiled at Yoon today. I think I'll bake her some brownies tomorrow. I do that thing really well.
Pictures are from my nephew's birthday party. Happy 6th James!! Auntie loves you.
last week in photos
9 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment