Natalie was invited to play as a guest on an older girls soccer team in the place of an injured player.
She played with heart, she gave it everything she had, she played the center midfield (a leadership position if you don't know anything about soccer, like me) and she lead the team in tackles. My kid. Tackles. What??
Boy, were we proud of her. She is really something.
That's our #9. She comes up to the other girls armpits.
She is not phased by the size difference, however. She uses it to her full advantage. I enjoy listening to the commentary on the sidelines when I'm incognito...
Natalie received special recognition from Coach Holly and was the first to receive a medal at the awards ceremony. She was surprised. He said that Ali proves that big things come in small packages.
last week in photos
9 years ago
3 comments:
this is the sweetest post. go Ali! I'm impressed she played so well against all those bigger girls.
Awesome Ali!!!
That's awesome!
Post a Comment