Monday, June 17, 2013

A Normal Weekend

Our first visitor in Oregon is Grandpa Don!  He came to spend Fathers Day with us and to hang out with Joe and work on Joe's new (to us) Nissan Xtera.  


Joe had to sell his baby in Texas for something more resilient and practical in this rainy environment.  

But between playing "chop shop" in the alley, we managed to explore and have some fun!  Of course I was on-call for births; a situation we are still getting used to; but with a few check-ins here and there, we drove to the coast!  

Perhaps I've said it before, but the Oregon coast looks like a scene from Twilight.  


Green, mossy and misty.  The girls love a beach- whether it's warm and sunny (Cali), humid and dirty (Galveston) or damp and cool (Oregon)!  




We drove through Tillamook (you know the cheese?) and waved to the happy cows.  We stopped at a country diner and had bison burgers and they were really good!  (Maybe that's why the cows are happy...) We got home after a long day and got back to work.  I injured myself trying to install a baby gate at the foot of the stairs.  Epic fail.  I think my finger nail is going to turn blue.  Maybe it'll fall off.  I quit on the house after that and hid in my bathtub with a glass of wine and a book.  

This morning we packed the munchkins up and headed out to Portland International Speedway to watch the Porches race!  It was all the girls (myself included) first trip to the car races!  It was really a good time and Dad and Grandpa enjoyed themselves.  



When we got home I decided to take on the house once again.  Joe, my ever social and outgoing husband, chatted up a neighbor who is moving to Houston and traded most of our boxes for 2 barstools.  They are metal and they swivel, but they're stained and ugly.  So I recovered them!  Success!  

They're much cuter and much more "Katie" now.  How Pinterest of me, right?!

And now I'm going to ride my wave of accomplishment and create a strawberry shortcake masterpiece for Grandpa because its also his birthday!!  

P.S. no births for the new midwife yet, but I get to see 2 clients tomorrow.  It's going well!  Xoxo




1 comment:

Greta said...

Oh, Katie! How I miss you! When you update your blog post a link from facebook so everyone can know. I just checked and saw how behind I was on your updates. Keep the stories coming! xoxo