Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Week 1 in Oregon



The moving van finally arrived last Friday. We are happy to have our stuff, but slightly ashamed by the amount of stuff we have.  Holy cow!  Forget about parking in the garage, it has become our storage unit!  I feel like we will be living among boxes for the rest of forever.  


We took a break from unpacking and visited the coolest Farmers Market I've ever seen.  We bought veggies, berries, a basil plant we named Bazil, jams, fresh bagels and eggs from real chickens on a farm!  


Then we went home and ate it all.  

We got the girls rooms set up.


I don't know what manner of peace sign Mia is flashing, but if she's doing it, then it must be cool.  

And I set up the entry way so at least I can feel the potential as I step through the front door and into the mess.  


We got Mia enrolled in gymnastics and Ali is still trying out with some soccer teams.  Coach Daddy is all over it.  Eva and I enjoyed the beautiful Oregon weather and snuggled while Ali played soccer last Sunday.  Eva fell asleep.  


And today is my second day of work with Andaluz.  Still figuring things out but I'm pretty sure I'm going to live it.  Looking forward to my first birth later this month.  

And Joe just bought a used, yellow Nissan Xtera this morning that we're looking forward to driving to the beach and up into the mountains soon!  

And that sums up the week!  You guys out there?  You getting all this?  Who's ready to come for a visit?  I may need some extra motivation to get the boxes cleared out.  Xoxo

To all my Texas peeps-  miss you! 

-Katie

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I have been faithfully checking your blot every weekend and almost gave up on you! But I'm so glad you're back! You are far braver than I for leaving your momma! I know I couldn't do it! Looking forward to hearing about all of your midwife adventures!

Jessi said...

I loved reading about your guys' journey! It reminds me of when we made the drive out to Seattle when we moved. I can't wait to finally get to see you and the girls! We will be in Portland July 5-7. Don't worry about the boxes, though. We have been in your shoes before and know it takes more than a few short weeks to get in and unpacked after moving half way across the country. :)