I heard a great story tonight.
Joe is out of town and I am working all weekend, so Grandma and Auntie Leslie agreed to keep our children. Being the fabulous child care providers they are, they planned some activities to keep everyone entertained during what I'm sure was a very long weekend for the adults! Ali's school had sent home a flier advertising a "Spooky Trails" attraction at a local park. The flier listed admission prices for children under 12 years old and was sent home with Kindergartners, so we assumed the "haunts" would be appropriate for the younger crowd...The kids were dressed in their Halloween costumes as an Enchanted Mermaid, Elmo and a Dinosaur. When the admission fees were paid, the ticket-taker helpfully asked "You know there are guys with chainsaws in there, right?" So down the trail headed Grandma holding a trembling Elmo, yelling "we have really little kids here!" while being chased by dead guys with chainsaws, ghosts dripping fake blood, bodies hanging from trees and other demons. She dragged the bug-eyed Mermaid by the hand explaining over and over "it's just pretend Ali, keep walking!" while Auntie ran along behind her holding Scared-A-Saurus Rex. Then they got to the hayrack ride which was not as advertised. It was actually an F-150 pulling a picnic table bolted to a flat-bed trailer and it dragged them up a moderately busy street at 45MPH.
So thanks Grandma and Auntie for the supreme babysitting! It certainly made for an entertaining phone call! Maybe next weekend we can take them to see The Strangers or something!!
1 comment:
Holy crap! I can't believe they actually took them through all of that. I would have left, with or without my money back!
Post a Comment