Monday, July 13, 2009

Squeek of the Week

It's 9:30pm. The girls have been "in bed" for 90 minutes. Mia has emerged several times to request a drink of water, assistance at the potty chair, extra hugs and kisses and her toy Mickey Mouse. She was denied the mouse. Mommy is completely exasperated and out of patience.

114th time out of bed (okay, I exaggerate)
Mia: Mommy, there's something in my closet.
Mommy: No Mia. Go to bed.
Mia: No, something there. (whispers and looks serious) Come, I show you.
Mommy: No Mia.
Mia: Mommy, something in my closet!
Mommy follows Mia against her better judgement
Mia: See?
Mommy: No Mia. I don't see anything. Go to bed.
Mia: No turn on the light. I show you.
Mommy turns on light
Mommy: I still don't see anything Mia
Mia walks into well-lit closet and grabs Mickey Mouse out of the toy box. Then she runs (smart girl) past Mommy and jumps into bed.

I've been had by a three year old.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Missed you tonight! Sounds like you were a little busy!