Thursday, October 29, 2009

Squeek of the Week

Most of the people in my house
(with the exception of Daddy)
have spent the week feeling very crabby under the weather. 

Yesterday, Ali had a particularly rough morning. 
Exceptionally rough.
And by the afternoon, her outlook hadn't much improved.

Ali:  "UARGGH!  You are all a bunch of.. chickens!"
(She was angry about being asked to set the table)
Mom:  "We do not call names when we are angry. 
And we all have responsibilites, I'm sorry if this is a bad time for you."
(A couple seconds later.)
Mom:  "Chickens?"
Ali:  "Yeah.  Cause you're always PICKING on me." 

This morning, I kept Mia home for school because of excessive irritability.
She probably needs a good long nap.

Mom: (To Grandma on the phone in the bedroom) "Oh, she is cranky this morning!"
Mia:  (From the living room) "I!  AM!   NOT!  CRANKY!"
"You guys is all cranky!!"

3 comments:

Shandal said...

That Ali! Chicken's picking on her... where does she come up with this stuff? How cute and funny is that?! Oh, and I just LOVE cranky kids! ;)

Jen said...

Ali is so clever. Chickens?! You have to give her credit for that one! That was clever!!! I hope the cuties start feeling better.

Anonymous said...

What is it about Dads and not getting sick? I always catch the girls colds but Dad never does.

I hope they are better soon - I love that she said chickens!